When feeding pets any fresh food, cooked or raw, it is always best to follow good food handling practices to prevent bacterial contamination.
- Thaw food in the refrigerator.
- Unless serving, always keep the food in the refrigerator.
- Keep raw pet food away from other foods in your refrigerator, specially those foods you will not cook. Best to put your pet food at the bottom shelf of your refrigerator.
- Feed food within 3 days of thawing (4 for cooked). You can portion and refreeze after thawing the food for one day. Do not refreeze after the food has been thawed for 3 days. Doing so will mask spoilage and can cause bacterial infections.
- Wash pet’s food bowl after feeding. Do not let children handle food bowls.
- Sanitize food preparation area.
- Wash your hands after every feeding.
- Do not let children or any immune system-compromised individual handle ANY pet food (not just Woody’s)