When feeding pets any fresh food, cooked or raw, it is always best to follow good food handling practices to prevent bacterial contamination.
- Thaw food in the refrigerator.
- Unless serving, always keep the food in the refrigerator.
- Keep raw pet food away from other foods in your refrigerator, specially those foods you will not cook. Best to put your pet food at the bottom shelf of your refrigerator.
- Feed food within 3 days of thawing (4 for cooked). You can portion and refreeze after thawing the food for one day. Do not refreeze after the food has been thawed for 3 days. Doing so will mask spoilage and can cause bacterial infections. Extending the life of raw meat beyond 3 days of thaw runs the risk of accumulating bacteria that can make your pets ill.
- Wash pet’s food bowl after feeding. Do not let children handle food bowls.
- Sanitize food preparation area.
- Wash your hands after every feeding.
- Do not let children or any immune system-compromised individual handle ANY pet food (not just Woody’s).
- Our raw products are NOT pasteurized and are not for human consumption. They may contain harmful bacteria. We use organic acids to control these bacteria, but there is no 100% way to kill all harmful bacteria except for cooking. Improper handling of our raw food can result in bacterial infections both for the pet and pet parents.
Carnivore: Noun. An animal that eats meat, a meat eater.Carnivores should be fed real meat, not highly-processed, carbohydrate-based dry and canned food. Today’s pets are overfed but undernourished. Feeding our pets an inappropriate diet is the cause of imbalance and...
No animal, us humans included, would rather eat highly-processed food over real fresh food. Some of the benefits of a real food diet include: Clear eyes and ears Easy and efficient digestion Muscular, toned body Smooth, pliable, odor-free skin Shiny, soft,...
Our dogs and cats' bodies are designed to eat and digest raw food. It is what they would eat in their natural habitat and before the invention of pet “fast food.” Our pets’ stomachs are much more acidic and they secrete a higher level of digestive enzymes which...
Like all mammals, cats and dogs need a variety of food. Variety is one of the cornerstones of a real food diet. We believe that balance is achieved over time, not every meal. We offer supplemented meals. However, if you’d like to make your custom pet food using our...
Learn how to transition your pet to real food. Using kibble can lead to health issues. Cats and Dogs will benefit from a real meat diet.